Monday, October 21, 2013

In All Thy Getting, Get Wisdom

By Ed Turose

If we needed anything in this season, it is wisdom! In fact the Apostle Paul’s prayer for us in Ephesians 1 is for God to grant us the spirit of wisdom and revelation so the eyes of our heart will be opened for us to understand the hope of why He has called you to be a son in His Kingdom cause.

Ephesians 1:17-19 says, “[For I always pray to] the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, that He may grant you a spirit of wisdom and revelation [of insight into mysteries and secrets] in the [deep and intimate] knowledge of Him, By having the eyes of your heart flooded with light, so that you can know and understand the hope to which He has called you, and how rich is His glorious inheritance in the saints (His set-apart ones), And [so that you can know and understand] what is the immeasurable and unlimited and surpassing greatness of His power in and for us who believe, as demonstrated in the working of His mighty strength.” (AMP)

In these days of recession and uncertainty, we can release our faith for Isaiah 33:6 that declares, “And wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times, and strength of salvation: the fear of the LORD is his treasure.” (KJV)

In fact wisdom can build your life, your home, your family and your business! Proverbs 24:3-5 says, “Through skillful and godly Wisdom is a house (a life, a home, a family) built, and by understanding it is established [on a sound and good foundation], And by knowledge shall its chambers [of every area] be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.” (AMP) A wise man is strong and is better than a strong man, and a man of knowledge increases and strengthens his power.

Just recently, I was going to my largest customer and as I was praying I heard the Lord tell me that they are looking for solutions. I sell juice products and their category was declining and they did not have any solutions. I asked the Lord how I needed to lay out the presentation to them and what I heard was Godly wisdom. I put on the left side of the presentation the issues they were dealing with and on the right side I put in my solutions or recommendations.

I met with two other individuals that I manage with this customer and shared with them the way we needed to set this presentation up and that we needed to address their issues with solutions that would help stimulate and grow their juice category. The solutions we came up with were a win/win for both companies. But they had to give us concessions on the cost to run our products within their weekly ad and take those funds and put them into a lower everyday retail cost on two of our orange juice brands.

In essence, we would reduce the everyday retail cost to you the consumer and sell more orange juice. They reduced their charge to me in running an ad in the weekly flyer by 58% and we took those hundreds of thousands of dollars and reduced the retail of the orange juice brands and it has helped grow their category.Rarely in my business will a customer concede these types of dollars since these dollars we spend on getting our products featured in their weekly circular are a profit center for them as they run weekly ads and charge us for each ad.  In fact, these solutions were so dramatic that the results were touted within my company all the way up to the Vice President of my division! I got the solutions from Godly wisdom and then received favor from upper management in my company. 

So how do we get this wisdom? We spend time in God’s presence. Proverbs 4:5-13 says, “Get skillful and godly Wisdom, get understanding (discernment, comprehension, and interpretation); do not forget and do not turn back from the words of my mouth. Forsake not [Wisdom], and she will keep, defend, and protect you; love her, and she will guard you. The beginning of Wisdom is: get Wisdom (skillful and godly Wisdom)!”

James 1:5-6 tells us, “If any of you is deficient in wisdom, let him ask of the giving God [Who gives] to everyone liberally and ungrudgingly, without reproaching or faultfinding, and it will be given him. Only it must be in faith that he asks with no wavering (no hesitating, no doubting). (AMP)”

Every day when I get up I cry out for wisdom and confess the seven fold Spirit of Christ on me from Isaiah 11.2-3: “And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD; And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD. (KJV)

I challenge you to start crying out for wisdom on a daily basis. I need wisdom for innovations, new concepts, how to execute my plans and to find the right solutions to have influence in my world. If you don’t ask, you will not receive. Begin today to ask God for His wisdom and you will see greater results in your life! Check out more information at www.focuscoach4u.com.

 Ed Turose has over 30 plus years of business experience as a people manager trainer, and strategic planner for two Fortune 500 Companies, Uni-Lever and the Coca-Cola Company. Utilizing the gifting of exhortation and empowerment, Ed bridges the gap between the workplace and ministry. Ed Turose is President of Focus 40, a marketing, training, and strategic planning consultancy serving corporate, government, and nonprofit clients which offers strategic business solutions that will increase profitability, productivity and efficiency. He has authored a book and workbook series entitled, “The Focus Fulfilled Life” which helps individuals to get focused to achieve better and greater results and many other marketplace resources. Website: www.FocusCoach4u.com Email: eturose@zoominternet.net



No comments:

Post a Comment