Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Former Buffalo Bill to Chair Buffalo Christian Center


Former Buffalo Bills guard and tackle, Brad Butler has been named Chairman of the Board of the Buffalo Christian Center, the 66,000 square foot ministry center located at 512 Pearl Street in Buffalo. Butler was drafted by the Bills in 2006 and retired after four seasons with the Bills. His closing statement upon announcing his resignation from his professional football career was, “I would like to thank Mr. Wilson, my teammates and the entire Bills Nation for giving me the opportunity to represent the Buffalo Bills for the past four years. Playing in the National Football League has been a tremendous opportunity and a great blessing. However, my passion for education, country and community is something that I am ready to devote my full attention to. I believe the best way to pursue these spheres of interest is to step away from the game of football at this point in my life. I will always remember my time spent in Western New York with great affection. I wish my teammates and Bills fans the best of luck next season and into the future.” Source: Wikipedia
Butler's goal now is to bring other board members together to assure the future viability of the giant ministry center in the heart of downtown Buffalo that houses ministries like The Buffalo Dream Center and Prayer Collective among others. The Center was founded by Alan Forbes in 1958.

No comments:

Post a Comment