Thursday, June 23, 2011

Editor's Note: June/July


“If you want to change the world, pick up your pen,” is a quote by the great reformer Martin Luther and something I enjoy thinking upon when contemplating why we do what we do. It is one of those loaded statements that has the ability to encourage me even when things are tough, when it takes everything in me, including late nights, tired days and extra stress, to get the issue out, knowing that the work matters—that is enough to keep me going.
      Not only did Martin Luther believe in the power of the written word, but consistently throughout Scripture God commanded his people to record and make record of the things that were happening and thus we have documentation and proof of the work of God throughout history something still edifying readers to this day.

Take a look:
Isaiah 30:8 (NIV)
“Go now, write it on a tablet for them,
   inscribe it on a scroll,
that for the days to come
   it may be an everlasting witness.”
 

Luke 1:3 (NIV)
“With this in mind, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, I too decided to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught.”

     So with this in mind, my prayer is that you will be blessed by this issue, encouraged and strengthened knowing that you are not alone, God is alive and well in Western New York and is working all things together for the purpose of his will. Be blessed and as always feel free to contact me at any time.



Kyle  R. Patterson

No comments:

Post a Comment